Field Trip Planner
Use this field trip planner to maximize fun and learning for students, while minimizing stress for you, your colleagues and chaperones!
Ready to go?
Use this free downloadable Field Trip Planner to plan the perfect visit for your students and chaperones!
On this planner
Review important visit logistics
Familiarize yourself with arrival, lunch areas, restrooms and other points of interest. Print and plan with our Field Trip Guide (also available in Spanish) that includes comprehensive maps of our Museum.
Explore learning goals for your students
- What topics or concepts do you hope to connect students with on your visit?
- What exhibit(s) will you visit to make this connection?
- Are there any specific objects or displays within the exhibit that help illustrate this concept?
- How can you support chaperones in guiding student learning while on the field trip?
- What logistical/safety information will you need to communicate with chaperones (and colleagues)?
Find Connection Points
Review exhibitions and topics of interest that may relate to material your students are learning in the classroom!
Visit nhm.org/learning-resources to explore Museum related lesson plans and activities for use on your field trip, or to extend learning in your classroom— before or after your visit!
Visit youtube.com/NHMLA for a wealth of fun and educational videos!